Saturday, January 30, 2010

FR 52 Loneliness!

Very short FR. I've been in a really shitty mood and very antisocial. I'm tired of people, everything around me is anoying me for no reason. My co-workers try to have conversations, and joke with me. I don't feel like talking so I act really boring on purpose so they'll leave me alone, My managers get on my nerves and my patience is very short fused with customers. This rarely happens since I'm usually a very stable, happy guy. but today was just not my day. I'm sarcastic, and a smart ass. As it is to be expected my customers start giving me shit and it just snowballs.

Against all odds- So it has been about a week and a half that I haven't gone out to game since I've been on that retarded job hunt. It was almost 12 and I'm just finished with work. My Crew is split, and I have multiple hang out offers, but I know I have to go solo since its been a big sticking point of mine. I put on my headphones and I'm standing in line of lucky bar while the music is blasting in my ears. I watch people interact but can't hear what they're saying. This allows me to truly analyze what they're REALLy saying. I come in the place distracted and completely unwilling. AA skyrockets. Usually what people tend to do when they're solo is pull out their cell phone and pretent they're texting. I choose not to since its a big urge of mine. I'm fighting the lack of energy, fear, anger, and lack of social proof.

Sting- My original goal was to hook 5 sets for at least 3 mins each. But in my state, and with the lack of targets(big sousage fest) I realize this goal seems unatainable today. also my AA is rudiculously high. I realize I have huge wing dependance so I shift my focus back from conversations, to Social fear, and decide to shoot for 10 direct approaches. I never usually need alcohol but today it would be extremely helpful. I spot a very hot 2set(probably the hottest in the club) grab their shoulders and say Hey! one of them starts laughing(I think its because they've been hit on so much that night) I say Yeha I know you've probably been hit on like a 100 thousand times today(forcing my self to smile since I really don't feel like talking) HB acts receptive but not too interested and says "you need a drink. Don't even talk to me till you get a drink." in a playful way yet basically telling me my energy level is very low. I Plow, she keeps insisting I get a drink so I can losen up. I know thats not an option so I eject and move on. I chode for a while longer. To keep it short basically every approach was a struggle to even open but in the end I managed to open 11 sets including some groups. I was only able to hook 1 and I got shut down more times than usual. I felt like I was back in the very beggining but I learned some very good lessons

True winging- While I was choding I was observing every interaction, and I saw how 2 dudes opened these chicks and started dancing with them. When 1 of the chicks was going to eject, the other dude would dance with her friend right in front of her. This engrained in her mind that her friend was having fun and she was gonna be left out so she would start dancing more vigorously again. they did a number of other things together and Eventually bounced them out of there. Impressive display of skills and botherhood.

Findings/lessons

Venue influence- Depending on the area of the venue, game varies. for example by the dance floor the most effective way to game is to caveman chicks, and heavily kino them followed by a bounce. While by the bar area, too much kino can screw up the set, and conversational skills are much more important. This is a good time to iso to a seated area. This is obvious but if you're not aware of your surroundings you can get confused.

Looks vs Vibe- This night I looked especially good since I took a while getting ready and got heavily hit on during the day, but my energy was crap and I couldn't do crap whatsoever. A strong energy will always beat looks no matter what.

Sticking points
-Gotta watch my accent. sometimes when the music is loud and I don't speak clearly I sound like I'm drunk.
-Social fear duriing solo missions.
-still conversations

No comments:

Post a Comment