Saturday, October 24, 2009

FR 9 Reality check friday night

1 Month focus- AA destroyer
Daily challenge(completion rate is represented in days)7+ direct approaches 7/9
1+ plow 6/9
1+ close attempt 4/9
Overcompensation- 7/9

So I tried to gather a bunch of comunity members, but today took quite a turn for the worse. Precisely today there was some type of award thing going on near my job(got to see the dude from the movie step up, and Ann marie, took pics of both) anyway, because of that, I couldn't leave at the time planned, and to make things worse my phone battery died. Got off late and tried to catch up to the guys, but for some reason we had a hard time finding each other. Then Fidemus came to adams morgan and I chilled with him.

Fidemus- Due to the time crunch there weren't as many approachable sets, but while I thought I was gonna have to be pushing this guy to approach, he turned out to not only be fearless at approaching, but also amazing at it. He opened some dificult sets like it was nothing. clearly I had something to learn from this man. I think it was because I'm not used to approaching big groups that my AA kicked hard. clearly I didn't have the tools to open these set. I hesitantly went for some of them anyway. Other times I had to just stand back and watch how the pro did it.

Total approaches- 6(directs)
plows- 4
close attempts-0
closes-0

Highlights(leassons learned/observations will be in parenthesis like this)

Fidemus 2set approach- I was the 1st one to walk in the karaoke, and there was a 2 set, while I hesitated, fidemus immediately approached them, instantly creating kino. The girls were receptive of him.(Kino while opening can be very powerful if used correctly)

5set hbs- I had no Boldclue how to open them(I hate opinion openers so can't use that) I tried to talk to 1 of them and they all shut me down(I noticed thanks to Fidemus that I tend to lean in when I'm in loud environments which is very bad. I think its better to somehow engage the entire group)

HB 9 BF Confrontation- LOL this was a funny story. I was sitting with fidemus trying to find a target without looking like a hunting shark. suddenly he spots an HB9 by her self and says, "that one" I go and try to open, shes obviously not receptive(the bf was nearby) suddenly he comes to me and pushes me. I look him in the eye and say(in a commanding tone)"I didn't know she was your girl but Don't push me"He still has his hand on my chest. makes a smaller push. while still with his hand on my chest, I start walking towards him and say louder "DON'T PUSH ME" he drops his hand and the security shows up and says "Is there a problem?" me- I don't know I guess it depends on what he does. and that was pretty much it(The best way to avoid conflict is to give them the chioce while keeping the dominant frame. this will make them wander why you're so confident, and at the same time since you're not attacking, they don't feel the need to Prove anything. so they'll be like "its not worth the risk")

Revealed sticking points
Leaning in
overall bodylanguage when approaching
voice projection/tonality

No comments:

Post a Comment